Friday, December 25, 2009

Back in Belgium


After a cancelled flight then many flight delays I finally arrived back in Belgium this past Monday night/Tuesday morning. I was amazed when I arrived to see alot of snow on the ground, something I guess isn't too common in this part of Europe.

I've gotten settled in relatively easily here these past few days and have done one race since I've been here.

It was just a small local race in a town on the coast called Middelkerke. I planned on using this race to just open up my legs and prepare for Saturday's World Cup. I got a good start and was up close to the front early on, but jet lag and being tired from all the travel took its toll on me and I started to drop back. In the end I finished mid-pack and was OK with that since I was still feeling tired from traveling.

Since then I have been just riding and getting used to life around the house.

Also I received the notification a few days ago that I have been chosen to represent the USA again at the World Championships the last weekend of January in Tabor, Czech Republic.

Tomorrow is the World Cup in Zolder, Belgium and I will have more to update about after that.

Race in Middelkerke, notice all of the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment