Tuesday, October 27, 2009

USGP Louisville Day 2

Once of the main course features "The Green Monster"
The day started off and I woke up feeling unusually tired. However after breakfast and some much needed caffeine I felt ready for the race that day.
The race course had dried up considerably but there were still some muddy patches.
My warmup went really well and sitting on the start line I felt ready to go. After an OK start, one rider was off the front with a group of four of us chasing him down. Two laps later we caught him but a big attack was put in right after and exploded things apart. I was sitting 3rd after this trying to chase down the two leaders. The time gaps stayed very consistent for the last 15 min of the race and I ended up 3rd again.
Overall I was very pleased with how the weekend went and I think my form is where it needs to be right now. A big thanks to my teammates, sponsors, and everybody else who helped me out last weekend. Wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys!
Next weekend I am off to Boulder, Colorado (hopefully the weather holds up!) for the Boulder Cup weekend and more competitive Jr 17-18 racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment