Monday, November 23, 2009

Lincoln Cyclcross Weekend

This past weekend was the Lincoln Cyclocross weekend in Lincoln, Nebraska. I opted to only do Saturday's race because of all the racing still to come this season. This race although not the biggest race is always my favorite race and favorite course of the year. The promoter, Troy Krause, always sets up a great course and the crowd on "Hooligan Hill" is always enthusiastic.
The long story-short of the race was after 2 laps I came out of a corner and accelerated to hear a pop and saw that my chain was broken. This ended my race and I was a little bit disappointed but I felt like I was riding really well up until it happened.
I am headed to Europe tomorrow for the UCI World Cup in Koksijde, Belgium on Saturday then the Superprestige race in Gieten, Holland on Sunday. Although I am nervous about these races I am excited to see how I stack up against the world's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment